Thursday, November 10, 2011

In the Vanilla Sky: Vanilla and Cinnamon Playdough

My obsession with Strawberry Shortcake is back in full swing, so when we finally tossed out our pumpkin pie playdough (which lasted FOREVER in homemade playdough time), I requested that we make strawberry playdough.  Momma thought she bought strawberry flavor ages ago for something or another, but turns out it was long gone.  We briefly thought we could do banana, but that had evaporated.  Can you tell momma cooks a lot?  Fortunately she had vanilla and because vanilla is my absolute most favorite yogurt flavor and I eat 17 of them a day, I acquiesced.  To keep the holiday spirit, we split the batch and made one uncolored with vanilla extract and one colored brown with cinnamon (and a little nutmeg).  Yummers.  Fits right into my icecream playdough set.  And this new recipe we used made really really really soft squishy dough -- must be the baby oil.  Makes everything better.





No comments: