Thursday, December 1, 2011

She's a Brick --- House: Gingerbread House

This year we're jumped right on board the crazy train of getting right into the winter holidays the day after Thanksgiving.  On a recent trip to Michaels for art and craft supply restocks, I talked momma into buying a gingerbread house to make and we brought it to Jerz for the day after Thanksgiving.  We did one last year at my old school with her, but she insisted on buying a pre-assembled one.  And now I know why.  We were pretty much totally out of icing by the time momma actually got something together that resembled a house.  Cam and I basically ate all the candy while mom and dad bricked that baby together, but we had a good time.  I'm thinking this is likely the last time we buy one of these pre-baked, but not assembled houses.  The gingerbread doesn't taste very good, so we might try to make some ourselves next year -- can't look much worse.







No comments: