Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Not-So-SAHM 2014 Favorites


Last year we shared our favorites of 2013 along with several other blogger friends. I so loved getting to hear the kids' favorite things -- they often reinforced interests of theirs I thought I nailed and, on occasion, they threw me for a total loop. So we decided to do another year of favorites along with No Monsters in My Bed and Where the Watermelons Grow. The kids were thin on explanations this year, (I tried not to prompt them as I do sometimes), but I still loved to hear their answers. And, like last year, I also gave my favorite kiddo-centered answers to the same categories. Plus, my favorite Instagrams of the year.



Kids Book:
- Cameron: Pete the Cat, The Book With No Pictures, and Ella Bella
- Kane: The Red Pyramid (The Kane Chronicles Book 1)
- MeThe Red Pyramid (The Kane Chronicles Book 1)

Kids Audio Book:
- Cameron: The Tail of Emily Windsnap 
- Kane: Percy Jackson and The Olympians Series
- Me: The Seven Wonders Series

Movie:
- Cameron: Big Hero 6
- Kane: Big Hero 6, Peter Pan, LEGO: The Adventures of Clutch Powers
- Me: The National Treasure movies

T.V. Show:
- Cameron: Smurfs
- Kane: Winks, Ninjago, Slugterra
- Me: Homeland (I cheated, I know. But I really don't watch t.v. shows with the kids)

Song:
- Cameron: Immortals -- Fall Out Boy
- Kane: Magic in the Air -- Magic System Feat. Chawki
- Me: Toast -- Heywood Banks


Trip:
- Cameron: New Jersey
- Kane: New York and New Jersey (put together)
- Me: Jamaica

Museum:
- Cameron: The Metropolitan Museum of Art
- Kane: The Metropolitan Museum of Art
- Me: The Metropolitan Museum of Art

Art Project:
- Cameron: Leaf Rubbing
- Kane: Balloon Painting
- Me: Sunprints

Restaurant:
Cameron: The Coupe and Tynan
Kane: Zaytinya and Ping Pong Dim Sum
Me: DGS Delicatessen



Piece of Clothing:
Cameron: Sequin Skirt Dress
Kane: My Suit
Me: Kane's suit and Cam's sparkly dresses

Drink:
Cameron: Cocktail! (sparkling apple juice)
Kane: Shirley Temples, Pina Colada (smoothie), Strawberry Smoothie
Me: Still coffee (and especially our new Nespresso).

Animal:
Cameron: Ponies
Kane: Scorpion
Me: Dogs

Game:
Cameron: Hide + Seek
Kane: Food Taste Testing Game with Aunt V
Me: Marble Run together

No comments: