Thursday, January 8, 2015

Project 52 - Week 1

I'm notoriously bad at baby books. Meaning, I really haven't done them. But for Cameron's entire first year of life, I succeeded in deliberately snapping one photo of her a week. Kane had such a collection simply by virtue of being the first child, but I didn't put them together in one album quite the same way. It was so incredible to look back through all 52 photos at the end of the year and see how much she had changed. And as much as they grew in leaps and bounds the first year of their lives, it seems like they are growing insane amounts overnight these days. Cameron literally grew out of all of her pajamas just over holiday break. So I thought I'd try my hand at snapping one photo of the two of them each week (or one of each if I can't get them together, which sometimes happens) and sharing it each Thursday.

The photo this first week is from the New Year's Day polar bear plunge we did as a family in Brigantine, New Jersey. We pulled together a solid set of matching penguin costumes and shook our flippers on the beach in an attempt to stay warm. Both kids made the plunge (Kane went all the way under!) and I couldn't have been more proud. It's really too bad that they hate fun.


No comments: