Friday, November 4, 2016

The Friday Five!

Did everyone have a great Halloween!? We had such a fun day filled with school parades, parties, and a great big group of us trick-or-treating. The kids had quite the haul this year, but I head to bed every night hoping that the candy bowl grows feet overnight and hits the road. Measures must be taken soon. Besides recovering from sugar shock, here's what else has been keeping us busy this week!


Playing -- I had an awesome wooden mosaic when I was young and I don't know for sure, but I suspect it was made by Grimm's because the colors were so unusual and I've only seen similar natural dyes put out by Grimm's. Cam has this large mandala and loves taking it apart, building 3-D scenes, and then rebuilding it as mosaic patterns. Always a good bet when she needs some down time, like recovering from Halloween.

Reading -- Kane started the Bad Kitty series this week and has been loving it. And our obsession with podcasts continues (especially because our new car doesn't have a CD player so we're checking out new free audiobook options) with The Radio Adventures of Dr. Floyd, which is sort of like listening to an evil carton genius battle his nemesis while learning about history in the process. The podcasts are on the shorter side (8-9 minutes) so we have to listen to a few on the way to school, but both kids are enjoying it.

Making -- did you spot the DIY Wooden Necklaces we did for International Arrivals this week? SO bright and fun.

Cooking -- I almost always forget to marinate flank steak ahead of time, but this Simple Sicilian-Style Grilled Steak only needs an hour to get the job done. Perfect for busy weeknights, plus it's DELICIOUS.

Wanting -- I haven't had a pair of UGGs for a few years -- I have a love/hate relationship with them. But I always miss how easy they are to throw on and off. They've stepped up their game recently with a few more stylish options and I think this pseudo-moto pair might do the trick this season.

No comments: