We realized recently that the last time we made playdough was for St. Paddy's Day! How sad is that!? It makes mom feel like we're getting so old -- we used to make several different batches a week. In any event, we listed some new and creative playdough on our bucket list and when we spotted some recipes for frozen play dough on Pinterest, we knew we had to try it.
And we loved Growing A Jeweled Rose's idea of turning it into ice cream! Such a great way to cool off in the summer. We highly suggest playing with it outside. In bathing suits. Near a hose to spray everything and everyone down after! To make ours, you'll need:
- shaving cream (we used almost 2 cans to make 7 colors);
- gel food coloring (it blends easily without making the shaving cream melt);
- baking extracts (we used vanilla, almond, orange, and peppermint);
- ice cream accessories (we used scoops, real toppings, and ice cream cones); and
- freezer space (for a few hours at least).
Let the kiddos spray the shaving cream into containers. Mix in a few drops of food coloring and extracts (FYI, we found that the extracts gave a little scent, but it still smelled like shaving cream!). Put the mixed cream into the freezer for at least a few hours. Once frozen, set up a little ice cream shop and go to town!