Friday, December 16, 2016

The Friday Five!!

Today is the last day of the kids' school before winter break and I couldn't be more excited! I'm sure I'll be singing a different tune in a few days, but right now, we all really need a break. I've had to wake the kids up for school three days this week and they NEVER sleep in (couldn't they decide to do that on a Saturday!?). When we haven't been hiding under their warm covers, we've been ....




Cooking -- everyone crushed this Chicken Shawarma Naan Salad with Sweet Potato Fries. The kids said it tasted just like Nandos, which is pretty much the biggest culinary compliment you can get out of those two.

Making -- Kane has been obsessed with making Harry Potter wands out of chopsticks this week. The tour guide on our Edinburgh Harry Potter tour handed them out to the group and Kane has been intent on figuring out how to make them himself. I didn't give him a tutorial—just lots of supplies to try different things. But this would be a good place to start.

Reading -- I started Jane Steele this week, which is totally dark and fabulous. We're still working our way through the same kids books from last week.

Wanting -- our bathroom redux is FINALLY complete. Steam shower all winter long, man. I also have my own vanity area now, so I think I need a cashmere sweater robe to really make that work. Right?!

Playing -- holiday breaks mean puzzles for our family, so Kane and I took another crack at this 1,000 piece Periodic Table of Elements puzzle this week.  Theodore Gray's pictures are so beautiful, that I ended up getting Kane the book for Hanukkah too. We've got work to do!

No comments: